Saturday, January 8, 2011

Clarification

Please note that all thoughts on the second post in last Mondays blog were John Pipers. Sorry for any confusion caused.

putting qoutation marks would have been a good idea.

I however wish to note I share MICHAEL HYATT's approach to blogging. Here is MICHAEL

"When I post to my own blog, for example, I know there are likely errors in what I have written. But no matter how many times I read and re-read my posts, I can’t see them. Instead, I post them as-is, and my brother-in-law, Jack Parsons, proofs them after they go live. He emails me
the errors he finds.

It doesn’t have to be this way. As the CEO of a book publishing company, I have numerous editors available to assist me. I could run my posts by them before putting them up on my blog. I could also submit them to our lawyers for legal review. I could even have our marketing
people have a look.

But if I followed that process, I would never post anything. Instead, I have embraced the
concept of permanent beta. I launch and then tweak. This is the pattern.

As G.K. Chesterton once famously said, “If something is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.” In
other words, the point of absolute perfection never comes. Too often, this is just an excuse for procrastination."

No comments:

Post a Comment